Thursday, June 7, 2012

april-may-JUNE LAKE!

CJ and AUD hike up to the falls at June Lake, 2012.

I am finally taking a break from wedding planning. CJ & I didn't want a huge ol' wedding where we paid a ton of money for a couple hours of fun... Instead, we wanted a smaller intimate destination wedding where the celebration & vacation both molded together into a week of amazingness!
Little did I know what I was getting into....
Audrey.is.stressed.

So it is time to go to my "happy place" (not literally, since it's 7 p.m. & I work in the morning).
Reminiscing about my happy place is almost not really like being there, but it will have to do.

When Trevor and CJ were here, this was one of the first hikes all three of us went on.
First of all, CJ & I had to introduce Trevor to June Lake... Our most favored destination right now.
Secondly, we wanted to hike up to one of the big waterfalls.
Lastly, and most importantly, we wanted Mono Cone...


So here we go...

The waterfall looks itty bitty in this picture!

The boys going up, up, UP!! (Deanna, don't worry, I made sure Trevor had his inhaler AT ALL TIMES!!)

Isn't he the cutest even when he's not paying attention?

Time for the posing pictures!!!

We're getting closer... slowly

We're HERE!!!! Just kidding, this was a small little "waterfall" along the trail

Quick break = photo op

allllmost.....

I guess we all didn't realize how much "up" consisted of.. ugh, Trevor & I weren't the happiest.


On the way up, we decided instead of the switchbacks we would go up these tracks.. 

Forget you 24! Nature has got my back on the stair master!!

This is the "come on guys, we're allllmost there!"

CJ going down exploring

Awesome view!

Anyone wanna go tubing?

I really like this picture of Trevor... So serene!

What a little boy, so happy to be wandering around in the wilderness exploring!

Great view of the witto town of June Lake.


Which way did he go? Which way did he go?


Ahhh.... here's my happy place!

...and an even happier place now!


It took 2 and a half hours to go up... & about 45 minutes to come down...


We were SO ready to leave & hit up some Mono Cone... We DESERVED it!


A video on our ride to Mono Cone..




No comments:

Post a Comment