Sunday, July 1, 2012

two places at one time

CJ and AUD have lunch on Lake Mary, 2012.

City of Mammoth lakes is a place that CJ and I go often.
What he wanted to do: either rent a kayak/canoe on Lake Mary & fish OR hike Devils post-pile & hit up Rainbow Falls.
What I wanted to do: upon recommendation from my co-workers, get a fresh turkey sandwich at Schats Bakery &/or get a caramel apple.
Is it sad my life revolves around good food?

Schat's on Main Street, City of Mammoth Lakes.

Cute little bakery with cases of goodies when you walk in, then a separate room for specialty sandwiches.
View our review on yelp.com here.

Lake Mary was crackin! People were camping (wish I were one of them) & there were a good amount of boats on the lake, all fishing.

Canoedling =)

Lunch on the lake! Turkey sandwich on sourdough (Schats), half a choc chip cookie, pickle, & sea salt chips(TJ)!

This is what I think I do....

This is what I actually do...

& poor CJ picks up the slack! What a good guy!

Check out our video:

Unfortunately, two hours later, no fish were caught & we were pretty much paddling to go against the wind. We returned the boat and decided to move onto better things...


This little trinket of heaven was first dipped in caramel, then covered with a white choc/peanut butter mix, & lastly, a milk chocolate drizzle.

CJ sad because he couldn't share his pastry because I am allergic to kiwi.

I love how you can see the layers of deliciousness.

Next stop, CJ wanted to go to the Minaret lookout.

I don't know if you can tell, but the saw-toothed looking mountain is the "minarets"
There is a lake below those mountains that CJ wants to hike to.

Checking out reading materials at the lookout place.

On our way home, we always pass the state line.
I can close my eyes & based on the way the road is (bumpy vs smooth) I can tell when we hit Nevada (smooth) or Cali (bumpy)
This time, we I decided to stop so that we can take a picture of a Nevadan (me) & a Californian (him)

Silver state? More like Desert/Dirt state!

Sunny california! Who's that cutie?

California/Nevada state line kiss. =) never done that before!


It was such a beautiful day, poor CJ got burnt.
Though not posted, we of course went to Mono Cone --twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment