Sunday, June 23, 2013

HAWAII2013: DAY 1

DAY 1: 06/05/13 Leavin' on a jet plane!

Early morning wake up call...
Waiting at my sissers house for the shuttle to pick us up for the airport!

HAWAIIAN AIRLINES!!! 
(FYI, it's the last airlines to provide complimentary meals)

Do not enter the Department of Homeland Security... Just don't do it!

Momsicle with the first Starbucks of the trip!

sisser, momsicle and I awaiting our first flight!!

No make up on...

Our airplane!!

Found our friends!!!! The Pontillas family joins us on our flight!!

Check our in-flight video!



Complimentary meal

We had a long lay-over on Maui. This was one of the areas where it had a bunch of stores and, of course, Starbucks!

*While my sister & I were waiting for our coffee at Starbucks, I was talking to my wedding coordinator on the phone, and my sister starts freaking out saying "It's the chief! It's the chief! It's the chief!!!" I immediately turn and see Dr. Weber (from Grey's Anatomy) and I tell my coordinator "I'm so sorry, I have to call you back!" and hang up. Thus, begins our stalker-ness...

My sis stayed behind to get the coffee while I followed the Chief

Then while he was walking, my sister & I decided to walk ahead of him so that we can get him in a picture... Totally got it -- skillssss!

The second flight we were the very last row... We didn't even get windows so we had to improvise.
On our descent, of course I had to put my arms up and shout "weeee!!"

OUR FIRST PICTURE ON OAHU! (OGG international airport)

On our way to Swap Meet (it was last minute but I had a few things I needed to pick up)
When we picked up our rental car, CJ said he flirted with the lady so she upgraded us to a SUV...

I taught him well =)

Dads in the back!

Some random guy on a bike talking on his cell phone. Stupid.

Finally arrived to the Aloha Stadium... It's SO close to the airport!

Tickets to the swap meet are $1 a person

Here is what it looks like... This was closing time so some of the vendors were closed/closing and there weren't a lot of people shopping.

Shopping!

Ohhh my necklaces

Daddio & I... CJ bought him that hat.

After the Aloha Swap Meet, we made our way to our hotel in the Waikiki area

Amazing view crossing a bridge


Our hotel - Aqua Waikiki Wave
It was behind the International Marketplace and a great location!






First meal in Hawaii... Decided we wanted musubi & some fresh squeezed juice

SO YUM!

In the eating area of International Marketplace... Love this handsome boy

Shopping! So the girls and boys decided to split up (CJ & my dad were going to go to Costco to pick up some snacks/water bottles)

The moment CJ leaves my side, this random girl starts talking to him... I had to snap a pic!


I like this pic of my sisser and momsicle!

Found a huge pineapple! (No drink inside -- I was saying Nicool must've already gotten to it!)

At the David & Goliath store I found this super funny shirt.
This is how little people feel next to tall people.

Infamous koi pond... The last time I was here (was with my sisser) 10 years ago!


"TERNATIONAL RKET PLACE"

Met up with the Pontillas couple!

We decided to walk around the area...

Modeling Vivienne Westwood

Amazing shoes at Vivienne Westwood... Do not want to know how much it costs!

Nicool in front of the Honolulu Police building.
Click it or ticket, people! Brought to you by the best CHP Dispatcher EVER!

Waikiki beach



Nicool's wind blown hair so we decided to switch (left) 
Feeling up the statue because I'm living up my last days of bachelorette-hood (right)


Cool, oversized banyan tree by the beach!

Check out this cycle class going on... They get a sweet view whilst working out!


Oh mom-sicle, you is funny!

CJ's friend Yee arrived and so we decided to have dinner with everyone:
mom-sicle, sisser, Yee, Nicool, Jason, Christopher Ramen, Hector & my bee-eff-eff Irmz
Initially we were going to go to Helena's Hawaiian food restaurant, but it was 7:30pm and Helena's closes at... 7:30pm! So we decided to go to Side Street Inn... Note: parking SUCKS!

Checking out the menu, it was family-style so we chose a few different dishes to share.
Actually, our waitress pretty much told us the best things on the menu and we ordered it... So glad we did because the food was delish!

Jason double fisting it like a boss... Fork in one hand, chopsticks in the other

Find our review on yelp for Side Street Inn here


All in all, our first day in Hawaii was a GREAT start to our trip!

1 comment: