Sunday, December 4, 2011

oasis

CJ and AUD go to the "Oasis of Nevada," 2011.

Growing up in a place where your family, friends, and boyfriend live within 10-60 minutes away from you is a blessing. I know & appreciate that so much more now that I live 6ish hours away from anyone I hold dear to my heart.

Living in a city with a shopping mall, target, in-n-out, chik-fil-a, 24 hour fitness, AND a hospital is something that I will NEVER take for granted in my life ever again.
I now live in a city that's small enough to one day become a ghost town.
I miss my hometown.

Today CJ left to go home and it has been an extremely sad 24 hours.
The closest (larger) city to Hawthorne is a city called Fallon and it is an HOUR away.
A FULL hour when you go 10 over the limit. There's no way to get to it in less time unless you speed.
seriously. sucks.
It's called the "Oasis of Nevada."
I used to laugh about this... Now I agree with it.

I can finally say I'm "going into town" when I go to Fallon

We stopped to take pics because it was so funny

Look at this handsome guy. Is it sad that I miss him already?

Sitting on my new couch thinking about how lonely it feels to be one little person on one big couch and I am saddened knowing that I'm back to being alone in Nevada.

Hopefully when I go back to work tomorrow I'll get back into the flow of things and not think too much about how alone I am.

Moral of the blog: sacrifices aren't easy for a reason.
I'm being tested on whether I buckle or whether I persevere.
I will persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment