Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2012 preparations

CJ and AUD go to a New Years Day Party, 2011.

January 1st, 2011 CJ and I went to his Uncle Johns annual party. 
Sometimes the party is closer to Christmas, but this year it was on New Years Day. 
I love going to dinner parties, and his Uncle's dinner parties are always a good time.
John and Ixiim married in 2010 in Mexico and that was our first BIG vacation together.

This is our first picture of 2011 and like the previous years, it was the first of many to come.



Today I sat and thought about this past year. A time of reflection.
It has had it's highs and it's lows.
and when I say "highs" & "lows," I mean EXTREME "highs" and EXTREME "lows"

EXAMPLES:
highs: graduated and got my RN license, got engaged to the love of my life
lows: moved 300 miles away from my loved ones, my dad's health is declining

As much as I would rather have a year of "highs," I have learned a lot due to the "lows"
I've learned that when times are rough, you shouldn't have to go through it alone.
I've been blessed with loving family, friends, extended family, & an amazing fiance.


NOW, in preparation of the new year I have set ground rules for myself.
1. have a positive attitude every day (& be grateful for what I have, even if it's 300 miles away)
2. love like there is no tomorrow (this includes telling the people I love that I love them)
and 3. save money for my WEDDING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment