Thursday, January 5, 2012

the adventure gets serious

CJ and AUD get engaged!

I was going home the weekend before Christmas because I worked the weekend OF Christmas
I made CJ a list of things that I definitely wanted to do:
1. get a shrimp burrito from El Patio (check!)
2. watch Sherlock Holmes 2 (check!)
3. visit my family --daddy, mom, sisser, & grandparents (check!)
 4. watch Cirque du Soleil - Totem in San Francisco  (check!)
5. get my Christmas presents early (check!)
best year for Christmas presents EVER: iPad & Tiffany's necklace WOWEE!

lastly and most importantly: spend QT with the love of my life (check!)


Saturday, December 17, 2011 was the day of the CdS show.
When it comes to big dates like this, CJ usually tells me to choose where I want to eat before the show.
This time around I told him to take care of it & that was that...

On our way to SF, CJ was talking about going to lunch at the WaterBar Restaurant.
I never heard of it, but apparently it had an awesome view of the Bay Bridge.

CJ's best friend, Matt, and Matt's girl friend, Karen, were at the restaurant.
"Oh" I thought, "This is a double date"
Lunch was great, very good food, but a little pricey for my likings 
(have you ever bought tickets to CdS? they're expensive! taco bell would have been sufficient)
Afterwards, the couples took turns taking pictures in front of the Bay Bride and in front of my favorite, the Cupid's arrow. 


SIDE NOTE: the last time we were at Cupid's arrow taking pictures was towards the beginning of our relationship in 2007. You can see the blog where I wrote about it here.


It was a beautiful day in SF. Our eyes are so squinty because it was so bright!




Convinced him to do the scary face with me. The things my man does for me!




At the cupid's arrow, CJ was being SUPER critical of the pics Matt was taking;
"Try using the flash"
"Get more of our bodies"
"Turn the camera sideways" ... stuff like that
I told him, "Geesh! Stop being so critical, it's just a picture!"

CJ stared into my eyes and said, "You know I love you, right?"

Feeling a little awkward that CJ was professing his love to me in front of his bud
(anyone that knows us knows that we're not a big PDA couple)
so I said, "CJ we can talk about this latttterrr?"

He replied, "No, we can't"
and proceeded to get down on one knee and pulled out a little box and opened it
(well according to him, he got down on both at first then remembered it was just one knee)

"Will you marry me?"

FINALLY!!! THE WORDS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR FOREVER!!!
My first response of course is, "Are you serious!?!!!!!!"

In the end, the answer obviously was YES!

I couldn't believe that we were FINALLY engaged!

Trying to keep the waterworks away from camera view.

His hugs are always good at making the world go away

CJ did SO well choosing the ring, I am impressed.


It took him this long to finally propose but I have to say that time with him is irrelevant
I knew early on in the relationship that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him...
and now I will

No comments:

Post a Comment