Monday, January 23, 2012

4 blades, 4 lakes, one heck of a time!

CJ and AUD go ice skating on a frozen lake, 2011.

So as promised, we bought ice skates!! 

his

hers

I'm sooo happy that they are PINK!


We picked up the skates at Mammoth Sporting Goods & got them sharpened at the ice skating rink.
One of the workers suggested we try out Rock Creek Lake (for some odd reason, I thought it was called Bear Creek Lake). The sales guy stated that Rock Creek Lake is located about 20min south of Mammoth.
It is also pretty high up and has the highest paved road in California.

He said that it would have thicker ice than Silver Lake right now and since he's a local we decided to try it out since we were only 20 minutes away and then on our way back hit up the rest of the lakes!

The beautiful, windy Rock Creek Lake!!

I wonder how the edge of the lake freezes like that

proof! haha


CJ wanted to make a vid on iMovie with the several videos that we took while on the lake.
Enjoy!


On our way back up 395 I really wanted a cheeseburger. More specifically in-n-out, but since Mammoth doesn't have anything but restaurants and fast foodies, we went back to the same little cafe that we went to on our last trip...

It's called New York Deli and we shared a BBQ Cheeseburger with sweet potato fries.
It was soo huge and it was soo good.

Don't judge me! I can't help that I love good food!


On our way home we made quick stops at Convict lake, June lake and Silver lake.
Unfortunately, all three of these lakes were only partially frozen and definitely not ice skating material.


Convict lake was incredibly windy. Like incredibly windy.

June lake was solid in some areas (more than our last visit) but still unskateable.



Silver lake was solid on our last visit and we were soo excited to stop by and whip out our skates, but not this time... This time Silver lake was not in ice skating condition.
Several parts of the lake were melted through.
We got out and stood on the frozen bank of the lake and took some pics.

I'm a little upset with myself because 1. I forgot my camera at home and 
2. I didn't get a picture of both of us in our skates at Rock Creek lake.

I am so lucky! What a cutie pie!

trying to act innocent



On our way home I took this video in the car.


This is a typical CJ and AUD moment.
After I cut recording I was beat boxing and singing for CJ.
Sometimes I wonder how he puts up with me. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment