Wednesday, January 25, 2012

star gazing duo

CJ and AUD's first time star gazing, 2007.

Our friend, Steve, told us that there may be a possibility that the Aurora Borealis would be seen down here in Hawthorne. He came down (he currently resides in Reno) for a business thing and we all planned to star gaze in hopes to also catch the Aurora Borealis.
Apparently the last time the Aurora Borealis reached down here was in 2005.

I worked today, but since it is on my bucket list to watch the Northern Lights, I decided it would be worth it to stay up --or sleep in the car until they showed up. (Seriously, I have been planning a trip to FINLAND to watch the Northern Lights. I want to see them SOO BAD!)

Unfortunately, there was a lot of clouds in the sky and so we stopped our search for the lights by 9:30 p.m. We got to lay out and star gaze for a while and it reminded me of the first time CJ and I star gazed together.


In the summer of 2007, when we first started dating, CJ asked me if I wanted to ride a bike to the park & star gaze. Little did I know the "bike" he was referring to was a Rhoades Car (a four-wheeled bike that drives like a car).

We took the Rhoades car to the park by his house, laid out a blanket, and star gazed.
(All the while, our friend Jason B. & his bro were jumping all around the park -- Parkouring was popular back then) 


It was one of the most memorable moments of our first year together.


No comments:

Post a Comment