Sunday, January 29, 2012

like a kid in a candy shop

CJ and AUD go to Scheels, 2012.

CJ is home now (sad face) in Vacaville, CA and I am once again a lone ranger in NV.
We both went to California with our friend, Steve, on friday evening.
Since we didn't have to meet up with Steve until 6p.m., we decided to paint the town red and so we went all around Reno to run errands, shop, and just plain have a good time.

Our first stop was Scheels (a sporting goods store on steroids).
The place was HUGE, two stories of all things sporting goods!! It was so big that there was a FERRIS WHEEL in the middle of the store!

I no lie.

I found the most AWESOMEST beanie at Scheels! It's a cuppy-cake!

I kept saying to CJ, "Pweeease, with a cherry on top!"
(I wanted it, but not for $30, which was the price of this cute little beanie. NOOO way, Jose!)

CJ and AUD relaxing on the many benches offered for a quick shopping break.
Does Scheels know how to take care of their customers, or what!!?


CJ got SUPER excited because there were a bunch of guns around that you can easily pick up and hold and check out without having to ask. He was like a kid in a candy store!
They also had all these taxidermic animals all over and it was creeping me out.  

I stumbled upon this and asked it, "BAMBI, WHAT DID THEY DO TO YOU?!!"

Here is our Scheels vlog, ENJOY!



After Scheels, we walked around the shopping area and you will be surprised to know that I did NOT go into Forever21. Self control at it's finest! Two points to Aud! (Long distance high five!!)


We did, however, stumble across this cool fish made out of little fish.



We then mosey'd over to the Apple Store at the Summit Shopping Center.
CJ got a present! See what it was in this video...

I was appalled that he called me his girl friend, did I just get demoted?!!


Since we were up in Reno, I really wanted to watch One For The Money since it JUST came out! 
FYI: Upon receiving a recommendation from my coworker, I have been reading the Janet Evanovich novels.
I am currently on number 4 and I am addicted!!!


We got our tickets and had an hour to kill so we went for lunch at some place called Pizza Balls.
(Don't blame me, I didn't name it!)

After ordering we were kinda scared as to what we got ourselves into...

 ...in the end, the pizza balls weren't as scary as we thought!
CJ got the equivalent of a combination pizza, and I got a BBQ pulled pork type one. 

After this pic, we ate our PB's and decided to stick to regular pizza. 
Hey! At least you know we always try things at least once!



There were other mini stops we did after the movie but I didn't get pics or do vlogs because it was boring "walk around the mall drinking Peenya Coolada's from Keva Juice" stuff.


I love going home. It isn't until I get to NV that I realize how much I really really love my real home (Cali-four-neye-aye), and how much I really really miss my family (&extended family!)


& now, to celebrate dread being back in NV by myself, I will consume my two favorite "WOE IS ME" snacks, courtesy of Trader Joe's...
Milk Chocolate covered Peanut Butter Pretzels (yes, such a thing exists!!) and Strawberry Licorice.
WOE.IS.ME.


No comments:

Post a Comment