Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sure-Win Lakes

CJ and AUD hike to Sherwin Lakes, 2012.

One of my coworkers, Mindeya, is a hiker and she suggested that CJ & I go to Sherwin Lakes in the City of Mammoth, CA. She said that she & her boo stumbled upon it and that it's a very beautiful area.

Of course, we take suggestions!

First off, she forgot to mention that it's out in the boondocks of Mammoth (kinda jk)
Secondly, it's pretty much all incline & switchbacks... really?!!! add altitude & the combo kills me
HOWEVER, when you reach the top to the lakes it is actually very picturesque...

If you ask me, it sorta looks like June lake... except you can drive up to June lake!




There was a HUGE rock that I suggested we take some pictures on... It shows off the beautiful mountain
I initially sat down, but CJ insisted that standing up would look cooler.

Yes, CJ... I think I like this better!! =P

CJ got his head back!


We got lucky with excellent weather! Sunny with a cool breeze.
There was only about half a dozen people around so it seemed very much secluded.



 
CJ went off to explore the area a little while I stayed on the huge rock to relax.

Reppin' Komatsu (hat c/o Steven Webers(?) Myler-- your go-to Komatsu salesman!)


When CJ was out exploring, I got a little bored so I played the lava game and jumped around on only rocks... It was so much fun!! Little kids know the good games to play!!

Made friends with Simon the Chipmunk... I just want to hug him, he's so adorable!!!

Not sure if you can see, but we are wayy up there on that mountain...

...The City of Mammoth Lakes is down there in the background somewhere.

Here's a video of us at Sherwin Lake!


Anyway, CJ really enjoyed the hike... I really enjoyed the lakes. Sherwin Lakes is a win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment