Saturday, June 2, 2012

yo-semiteeeeee!

CJ & AUD's first hike in Yosemite, 2012.

CJ & Trevor came to town!
The boys had it pretty much thought out... hikes, fishing, etc.
On one of my days off, Yosemite was on the top of my list for one of this summers first hikes.
After some searching, "Mist Trail" to Vernal Falls was the ultimate winner.

First off, both CJ and I have said that this is the BEST hike we've ever been on.
Disclaimer: it really has nothing to do with the actual hike, more with the destination... 
The entire thing is incline... first half of the hike was all lunges, the second half was stairs.
if you want a good butt toner -- this hike is a good choice!

At the first little bridge.


Our little breaks going up ended up becoming photo op's! 


Alas, we finally get a view of the destination!!! 
As you start heading closer to Vernal Falls, there is a lot of mist in the air from the waterfall. 
At one point it feels like a shower!


RAINBOW!!!

The second bridge... Beginning of the stair area.

Why do I look so happy? 


Trevor gives two thumbs up for the mist from the falls...
I couldn't tell whether I was sweating or if it was the mist! (perhaps both?)


CJ is fuzzy because of the mist.


Wet + stairs = slow pace people, including us!




Olson boys!!

Top of the waterfall

Bottom of the waterfall





Check out our video at Vernal Falls here:
(& YES, I mistakenly said "Vernon" instead of "Vernal"... I always forget what places are called!)


After the many stops and photo ops down at the falls, we decided to continue up!
Stairs and more stairs and more stairs


The tip top of the falls!! WE DID IT!!


View from the top...


CJ posing at the top of the falls.


The majestic mountains of Yosemite never cease to amaze me!

Moving forward following the top of the falls to Emerald Lake.


We found Yosemite's natural water slide! (There is a sign that says no swimming, but people still were)


Great pic of Trevor relaxing close to the river

Check out our video at Emerald pools/lake/whatev here:


All day I was pretending I was Pocahontas during the hike... Then when we got here I found this awesome rock that reminded me of Ariel... Disney Princess ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!



We went up even more to reach the next bridge with a great view of another waterfall.
It was about 4:30p.m. at this point so we decided we'll call it a day and another day hit up Half Dome.


A sign that gives you the trails and how many miles to each destination


Back down at the first bridge... Now we realize that you can see Vernal falls from way back here.

Being silly on the way down listening to Kimbra doing some sweet dance moves & strikin' a pose!


I then decided that I wanted to climb these rocks...


Wasn't too high up, maybe another day? 


Close to the bottom, it is SO much easier going down than it was going up...


CJ pointing toward the trail.


End of the hike & I am Oh so happy at the Happy Isles Bridge!


I loved how the sun hits the trees & mountains in Yosemite.

Also, walking back to the car, I loved the smell of campfires starting up.
It made me excited to know that summer 2012 is here and that it is going to be amazing!!!

Last video, us walking back to the car:

No comments:

Post a Comment