Friday, November 16, 2012

Fresno fruit market fun

CJ and AUD's first Fresno Fruit Market.

Location: 14439 North Friant Road, Friant, CA 93626
Hours: Daily 8:30a.m. - 6:00p.m.

CJ and my [awesome] parents helped me move down to Fresno and I really couldn't have done it without them! Thank you mom & dad! I love & miss you already!!

Since Fresno has some great year-round fruit stands, my mom decided that every time she comes down to visit, I will take her to a new fruit stand. I am SO down for that!
We decided on one that was one of the shorter drives away from my apartment.
The Sumner Peck Fruit Stand and Winery.

Driving up to this place, you will see HUGE houses in the distance... This place is out in the country, NOT in the "city" at all so you KNOW those houses are mansions!

You drive up to it and it looks tiny, but very cool looking with glass walls and a huge archway that says "CHEERS TO YOUR HEALTH"

The left side has a shop for people who like cute little trinkets (Christmas themed, right now) and the right side has stuff for the foodies, see below.

This cute set up in the corner of the shop. I loved the white couch with the pink pillows!



FRUIT!! CJ researched and looked up what was "in season" right now...

Their assortment of bottled goodies. Marinated asparagus and other yummies. Also different olives.

Fig bars... I wanted to buy EVERY SINGLE BAG.
I'm actually thinking about taking a special trip up there to grab the Vanilla & raspberry bar one.

Selection of local honey (I grabbed a bottle since I'm hopeful it will help my allergies)

Dried fruits. My mom got the chile dried mangoes. 
I didn't get a chance to try it but it looked delicious!

These looked sooo good. Balsamic Pomegranate, Cherry, & Peach.
I might grab a bottle of this and some oil for dipping at Christmastime.

AND, TO TOP IT ALL OFF.
CJ AND MY FAVORITE PART...

The peanut/almond/pecan/etc table!!!!
OMG, they had little tins for samples of each... I stood there for like 5 10 minutes trying EVERY SINGLE ONE & I kid you not, there were like 5 or 6 bags that I wanted to buy!

CJ loved it too...

We ended up picking up: pears, 4 little jars of specialty jams (pomegranate, peach jalapeno -- SO BOMB, apricot habanero, & fig balsamic), and a bag of raspberry honey almonds -- heaven at first taste!!
Prices were slightly more expensive than I had hoped, but then again, quality food is worth it.

In these next few photos, please excuse my chinky & closed eyes. In order to take this picture I had to look in the direction of the sun. I was literally teary after each photo was taken...

Mommy and me!

CJ and I. Note to self: bring SUNGLASSES next time!


It's going to be difficult to pass this place up to go to some other fruit stand, but then again, I'd rather ALL of them be winners! Can't wait for the next one!


No comments:

Post a Comment