Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thai V for Mr. Hmong!

CJ and AUD root on Thai for Mr. Hmong

Things you may or may not have known:
1. Audrey moved to Fresno for work
2. Thai is Audrey's friend (since forever -- literally) who is also an RN that moved to Fresno for work
3. Thai is Hmong
4. Fresno has a large Hmong population
5. There is a Mr. Hmong pageant that Thai decided to do

So yes, my friend Thai did the Mr. Hmong pageant & he did a really good job!!
I've known this guy since, what, elementary school & he is one shy dude
The Thai I grew up with would have NEVER gotten on stage for anything!!
Though, I wish I spoke Hmong because I couldn't actually understand ANYTHING that people were saying

Me & CJ at the venue -- btw, this pic is first because it is my favorite.

Beforehand we went out for dinner at a sushi place named Maroo
review found on yelp.com here

With our dessert - the BEST I'VE EVER HAD tempura ice cream.


CJ is now in love with this dessert.

On to the Mr. Hmong pageant which was held at Fresno State.




GO THAI!!!!


We weren't being disrepectful, I swear. This was during some intermission -- though I hope it was intermission because the entire thing was in Hmong so we couldn't actually understand what anyone was saying.

In the end, Thai performed great but was not crowned Mr. Hmong. 
I believe he walked away with something more...
He walked away with a confidence that I have never seen in him before.
& coming from a pageant girl -- that is all that really matters!


The table with the modeling pics. Thai is the first photo on the left!


No comments:

Post a Comment