Tuesday, November 29, 2011

missing summer

CJ and AUD go camping at Jenkinsons Lake, 2011.

The thing about living in Nevada in the winter time is that it gets cold & it snows.
I have never lived in snow before & so I am a little skeptical about being here.
If you don't know this already, I am a MAJOR sun person, I LOVE warm weather!

It isn't that I hate snow, per se. Let's just say that I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with snow. 
LOVE: It's pretty, you get to drink as much hot chocolate as you want, cool winter clothes... (if you can't tell, all my "love" items doesn't really have me IN snow)
HATE: two words... cold & wet (shudders)

SO, to think positively, I am reminiscing of our summer adventure earlier this year.
A couple of camping trips to Jenkinson's Lake.
first trip was with Christine, Gail, Kevin, Eric, Trevor, CJ & I
second trip was with Eric, Carl, CJ & I
Both were within a couple weeks from each other. Both were fun & relaxing.

As I am writing and reminiscing, I am also looking FORWARD to next summer.



Plank it! Plank it goood.

 
Morning trail hike/run. Nothing like being able to walk around the lake when no one's around. 
So peaceful!

Made CJ a necklace. He loved it!

 
I took a nap in the ever-so-comfortable truck.

 CJ put up a hammock

It was comfy!

Where the REAL fun begins!! Jenkinsons Lake!

CJ coming back in from his nice relaxing time in the kayak

Us in our matching life jackets. A smart purchase for us!

Relaxing back at camp

The boys were cutting up some wood for our fire

Eric & CJ are trying to catch fish, If you look closely, you can see Carl in the kayak hiding behind the little grassy area!

We found a turtle and named him TIMMY!

A shot of CJ on the kayak. He's so handsomely rugged. =)


Below is a video of us canoe-dling on the lake.
ENJOY!
I have never canoe-dled before, but CJ is my favorite person to canoe-dle with. He made a wonderful lunch "picnic" and we ate it on the water.
We also shared with some local wild life.

No comments:

Post a Comment