Sunday, November 20, 2011

Point Reyes; love at first hike.

CJ and AUD's first hiking trip, 2007.

If anyone knows me, prior to 2007 I did not really do outdoorsy stuff. I went camping with my family every year, but we took our entire house practically so it wasn't "real" camping.

CJ is the opposite. He is Mr. Outdoorsy.

When we first began dating he was planning a "couples hike" to Point Reyes.
Point Reyes has great hiking trails, the one we took was to the coast.

As a novice hiker I had no idea what I was in for. It was well worth it in the end.
When you get to the coast you can climb down the mountain to the beach
& it is just wonderful.

We are up on the mountain. You can climb down to the beach though.


Jokingly holding him from jumping. I guess I drove him crazy from the start.


So our first hike together ended up being our first time at the beach together, too!


Although Northern California beaches are not as warm as Southern California beaches, I love NorCal. Born & raised!


Here's a video of CJ trying to throw me into the water. NOT cool!



My favorite picture of the hike. 
**backstory: we had been following the trail for what seemed like forever and I kept asking CJ if we were there yet (to our destination: the beach). He kept saying, "Just around the bend... Just around the bend" but alas, we were not there after that bend, or the next, or the next. I asked one more time and he said, "Just around the bend" and I replied, "Pinky swear?" He did and he was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment