Thursday, April 12, 2012

garfield

CJ and AUD's almost but not first kiss.

Isn't the moment of your first kiss exciting?
That feeling you get in your stomach right before you think it's going to happen
 (Or you hope it's going to happen)
The second that your eyes meet and it's completely comfortable
That anticipation that you hate and love all at the same time...


I remember the night of CJ and my almost but not first kiss.
My friend, Krystina, and I were going to meet up at the VV stake center for Volleyball. 
I convinced CJ to go with me so I met him at his house, which was a couple blocks away.
His house is not very difficult to get to, but if you know me you know that I get lost easily
Wellllll, I got lost to his house and had to call him for directions (passed the turn like 4x)

When I finally got there, he wanted me to watch an episode of his favorite show, Shark.
We had talked about it previously and I was interested in him it.

After the episode, it was a beautiful evening with perfect weather so we decided to walk.
We met up with krystina, watched a little volleyball (I didn't play cause I was trying to impress him & playing would cause the exact opposite reaction).

After volleyball we decided to walk back but by this time, it was dark out.
As we were walking back, CJ and I were talking about how ridiculous it was that I got lost to his house. He then says to me "OK, you take us to my house"
I'm thinking, Great. I don't even know where we are. He's going to think I'm an idiot. We'll be walking around all night, but like a dork I agree.


We I spent the next 20 minutes getting us lost while he slyly steered us in the right direction.
He put his arm around me as we walked & it just felt right.
I thought to myself, this was a perfect night for our first kiss!
We talked, we laughed, and there was an orange cat following us the entire time. 
I named him Garfield and he was going to be ours forever... at least in my mind.

By the time we got to his house, I needed to go home.
He walked me to the door of my car, told me that he had a great night despite my complete lack of direction, we hugged, we lingered close to each other, eyes locked, and...


that's it.
WHAT?! That's it?!!
yup... that's it.


This is when I realized (with Garfield the cat as my witness) that CJ is different than all the others. 
Sweet. Kind. Romantic.
Everything a gentleman should be.
and I should not let him go.


& I never will.



I'll always remember the Garfield night. It was epic to our relationship.
Moral to the story: you don't need a first kiss to make a moment special
as long as you're with someone special, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment