Friday, April 20, 2012

trekkies

CJ and AUD get mountain bikes.

I learned how to ride a bike pretty late in life... Teen years.
I remember every day after school & home work, I would go out in front of my house and ride for hours.
Back & forth on my block (I was & still am very paranoid that someone is going to kidnap me)

CJ practically grew up on a bike... 
He remembers when he would play street hockey with his friend Ryan on a basketball court on his bike instead of roller blades. One hand on the bike the other on the hockey stick.
Now, he loves mountain biking.


Now that we're older & I am much more adventurous, we decided it's time to get really good mountain bikes that would endure our sort of/not so much crazy outdoor adventures and last us a good amount of time.

In come Scheels, Sports Authority, and specialty bike shops.
In the end, Scheels always comes through and thanks to our salesman, Mike, we both purchased our own Trek bikes! I love it sooo much & CJ is already obsessed with his.

First off, apparently Trek is a dependable brand & it's a bike that ACTUALLY fits me!!
(As in a 13 inch frame... They had to BUILD the bike for me! They only had regular people sized bikes on the floor)
Secondly, it's got all the features we want in a mountain bike 
(chime in CJ, because my only requirement was that it's pretty)
Lastly, the ever-so-knowledgable Mike gave us endless amount of advice on how to care for our bikes... You can't get that anywhere else, they just set you free & say good luck!






CJ's first day with his bike & he logged in 10 miles already.
I unfortunately had to work, but after work we set out and rode around town & out in the desert a little!





We'll probably hit up our usual places of outdoor adventures (Mammoth & June Lake area) but I cannot wait for summertime because Yosemite is only an hour away from me!
Cheers for the new Trekkies & for new adventures to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment