Tuesday, October 4, 2011

24

CJ and AUD go to the California Academy of Sciences, 2011.


Yesterday was my (Audrey) birthday so I ended up spending the weekend in a celebratory manner.
I am not entirely excited about turning 24 because I think it is the gateway to "old"
(ok, it's not, but I like being a child. I don't wanna grow up I'm a toys-r-us kid!!) 
The best thing about having a great boyfriend is that on your birthday he says, "Whatever you want!" What a catch!
On Saturday, we decided to spend the day in San Francisco and go to the California Academy of Sciences, you can visit the website here. I have never been but we've gone to places like the Exploratorium (thumbs up!) and the Tech Museum in San Jose (thumbs up!) and we thoroughly enjoyed both so I figured we would enjoy the Academy of Sciences.

In the rainforest area with the butterflies flying freely around.


"I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it.... MOVE IT!!!"


Looking at the cool scenery


BUTTERFLY!!!


This incredibly large snake looked like it could possibly break the window and attack me.


CJ and I played a game where we guessed how much this fish weighed. Which reminds me now that I was supposed to ask one of the workers how much it weighs (In my mind they know this information, why wouldn't they? If I worked there I'd wanna know!)
We tried REALLY hard to count how many fish were in this tank. I decided that I would like to one day have a tank this big and have it be the wall of my bedroom.


Hanging out in front of the wall tank!


LOOK!!! I FOUND NEMO!! YESSSS!!


Turtle that was standing up. I have never seen this before in my life.


On the roof with the famous roof grass stuff.




looking toward the de Young museum.. I'd like to go there one day too.


I totally planked it.


Afterwards, CJ and I went to Jack London Square, Oakland to go to Il Pescatore.
The restaurant where we went on our first date.
We haven't gone there since 2007 and so it has been a long time.
The food was not as amazing as I had remembered, but to the restaurant's defense, there was a notice that there are new owners.

Here's a vid of us on our way to Oakland.





Our recreation of our first date photo. 
Oh how we've grown and changed in the 4+ years that we've been together.
What a great adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment