Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sunrise Romance

CJ and AUD go on a sunrise hike, 2010.


Watching the sun rise in the morning is one of my simple pleasures in life.
There is something about it that makes me happy inside, more than sunsets (though those are very beautiful as well).
For others, it could be that it's as simple as starting a new day.
For me, sunrises remind me that I have an entire day ahead of me...
Life goes by way too fast and it is so easy to fall into a routine that doesn't allow you to actually ENJOY life and what it has to offer. I fall victim to this all the time!

On a cold, winter morning on January 14, 2010, CJ and I set out to hike up one of the hills in Vacaville to watch the sun rise.
It was pretty dark when I got to his house (around 6 a.m. which was not too bad for me because at this point I was working that early and was used to it... CJ, however, is NOT a morning person so he wasn't too happy about it).

We hiked the hill I liked to call "heart attack hill" only because it was some good cardio!
It was muddy and my white (now brown) shoes did not appreciate it much.
There were roosters that were crowing all morning and I kept commenting on how nature's alarm clock is so much more annoying than my alarm that plays music.
It was also FREEZING.

Geared up for the freezing cold weather! NOTE TO SELF: NEXT TIME BRING TISSUES!


We stopped about 2/3 up and climbed a rock and watched the sun begin to wake the quiet city.
We soon decided that we should head to the top, and I'm glad we did because it was amazing.



Moral of the story, watching the sun rise is awesome.
Watching the sun rise with the love of my life...
best feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment