Tuesday, March 6, 2012

lions, tigers, & Tweety bird, OH MY!

CJ and AUD go to Marine World/6 Flags/Discovery Kingdom, 2008.

Growing up in the 707 area code, I've been (sorta) spoiled.
Why, you ask? we've got the Jelly Belly Factory, a shopping mall, the VV outlets, Tacos Jalisco,
and 'cause we've got Marine World 6 Flags Discovery Kingdom!
(OK, it's not really that cool, I mean it's no Disneyland/Disneyworld/Universal Studios)

Theme parks (that aren't Disney) get old after a while.
They especially get old if you live by one and go to it a lot!
Birthdays... fright fest... trips w/ friends... bored & wanting to be spontaneous... etc.
It.gets.old.

So I haven't gone to Discovery Kingdom for a couple years & CJ hasn't for even longer...
One hot summer day, CJ went out on a whim & took me to Discovery Kingdom.
It was surprisingly enjoyable.

Waiting in line for the bumper cars.

He won a SF Giants bear!!! =)

He asked me what I wanted and I told him I wanted the Tweety bird slippers.
& he won them for me without a hitch!!

In the butterfly exhibit... Which there really weren't many butterflies (fail)

We were sitting out in front of the lion exhibit and I thought this picture was the cutest thing!


Anyway, my point is that sometimes things get old.
You might have something in life that you think is boring and not as exciting as it once was...

My challenge to YOU is to try it again!
You'll either:
1. spark an interest that you once had, or
2. still think it's boring...
Either way, you can't find out unless you try!
& you have a 50% chance of finding out that it is surprisingly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment