Monday, March 19, 2012

turning japanese

CJ and AUD go to the San Jose Japanese Friendship Garden, 2010.

Spring is among us and when I think of spring one word automatically pops into my mind...
Allergies.
Then after that one, the word flowers comes to mind.



There was a time when I was obsessed with San Jose.

San Jose is a city about 2 hours away from my hometown. 
In my family, if we wanted to go to a big city the "go-to" was San Francisco (duh, best city ever).
But for some reason, for a short time in my life, I really loved San Jose.
Maybe it was the atmosphere, or the culture, or the great weather...


OK, let's not lie... I love San Jose for 3 reasons
1. The Great Mall (ok, technically this is Milpitas)
2. Dave & Busters (LOVE this place for it's fun atmosphere)
3. San Jose Sharks ('nough said)


CJ and I made our way down to San Jose more times in a few months than I had made in my entire life. REI, D&B, Mall... Always on our list of places to hit up.


One visit, we decided to check out the Japanese Friendship Garden.
It was a beautiful day (weekday, might I add so it was pretty much empty)
and we spent a lot of time strolling around, taking pictures, and talking.

Luckily, I had taken my allergy med that morning so my nose isn't red like it would be if I hadn't.

At one of the entrances

CJ liked the tree behind him so I took a picture of him with it.

The little house thing.


My elbow looks dislocated... gross.

It was such a beautiful day for a picnic... Unfortunately we hadn't thought about that...


One of the cool statues in the garden.



Apparently the SF Tea Garden is much more amazing, but we haven't had the chance to visit it yet.
Don't worry, it's on our list.

No comments:

Post a Comment