Sunday, March 25, 2012

the traveling trees

CJ and AUD go to Humboldt, 2009.

CJ used to play for a rugby team in Vacaville and Saturday would be game day.
It was fun when the games were in Vacaville, a better turn out, 15 minute drive, & he was able to shower right away (truuuust that he was stinky after the game)
...but to be honest I preferred away games more.

Why? Because it was an all day event for us.
Depending on where the game was held, we would leave early and travel all day.
We were together soo long those days, and I loved every minute second of it.


This game in particular was going to be held in Humboldt.
Do you know how long that drive is from Vacaville? No? Just about 6 hours each way!
alllll.day.event. = a happy Audrey!

Also, if you've never driven up north, you're missing out on some spectacular redwoods.

We stopped at some cool restaurant/shops area. The tree behind CJ had a little door.

So this is how ants feel?


I apologize that we are practically camouflaged with the tree.
The ONE time CJ doesn't wear a super bright neon shirt...



Nevada is pretty much barren. I want to see trees. BIG trees.
Wow, my predicament is the real life version of the movie LORAX.

Anyway, I hope you all have a grand day, hug a tree for me, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment