Saturday, February 11, 2012

kt visits the hawthornian

CJ and AUD (joined by Katie) go snow shoeing, 2012.

After passing through June Lake (Can you tell CJ & I are obsessed w/ June Lake?) we headed down to Mammoth with the intention of ice skating... 
In the City of Mammoth, they have an outdoor skating rink.
It was closed.

So, since we were bummed out that the rink was closed, 
we had lunch at the New York Deli (our usual food stop in Mammoth).
Then we sought out into the world to snow shoe.

It was my first time snow shoeing and these are the things I've learned:
1. Bring chapstick (a general rule for anything, actually)
2. High top waterproof hiking boots would be best (wore my low keens & they were ok, but insufficient in keeping the snow out of my already cold feet, and going downhill I could see myself one day twisting an ankle --I'm looking into getting some high top keens)
3. Snow shoeing > hiking

Don't get me wrong, I like hiking... sometimes
I like hiking when there is a destination.
For example, the hike to four falls or the hike to arch rock.
If I'm just hiking to who knows where, then I'm not really down with it.

Snow shoeing is different. I like looking ahead of me and seeing untouched snow.
It makes me feel like I'm in a place where no one has ever been.
It's more like a feeling... You'd like it if you tried it.
Cross my heart.


Leaving the car, the snow looks like this...

The start of our adventure up one of the mountains off the Scenic route!

After a couple minutes, the snow quickly becomes untouched territory!!
Untouched snow makes me want to jump in it and mess it up!

adjusting myself

CJ bought his & hers snow shoes from Costco! (cause that's what we do)

hello? are you there?

Katie and I -- I kept stopping because I wanted pictures of everything!

CJ LOVES snow shoeing

Up and Up

Incline... it was like working out on a stair master. I loved it!

Taking a break

Picture time!

We can decide which direction we want to go... the sky's the limit!!

The untouched snow areas were so pretty amazing! I felt like I was in a winter wonderland!!

A tip to all you girly girls out there: 
find a man that will introduce you to the outdoors, you will NOT regret it!!

See, his & hers

ON GUARD!

It's all down hill from here...

CJ trying to be a snow shoe model

Exploring the outdoors is CJ's favorite thing to do. He is so passionate about it!

Another couple picture.

He fell... LOL!!

Then he was going to pick me up!!
I'm a little lot nervous because he fell RIGHT before this...

OK, he'll never let me fall.

favorite picture of the day



& of course, if you like watching C&A vids, here are a few that you can enjoy...










So, there you go...
an awesome day in the awesome outdoors with some awesome people.

No comments:

Post a Comment