Tuesday, January 7, 2014

wedding edition: say YES to the dress

Saying YES to the DRESS, 2012.

Who: niece, sisser, & momsicle
What: just the most important part of wedding planning
Where: (ultimately) Gesinee's Bridal in Concord, CA
When: Summatime 2012
Why: Because it's MY time to say yes to the dress!!



I went to a couple places to try on dresses...

This was at the first place... a little shop in Fairfield.
Went with my niece (photographed here), momsicle, & sisser

Unfortunately, liked the dresses I tried on but didn't love any enough to fully commit
So my mom set out on another day to try on in a boutique in Concord...
Gesinee's Bridal and gown shop
We knew about this place because it was the same place where I got my high school senior prom dress (the same dress I wore when I won Miss Vacaville)

I had a specific criteria and I thought that what I wanted was a fitted dress with lots of lace detailing

my momsicle was my only audience this time... 
(it actually made it easier because I just had one opinion other than my own)

Definitely made me look shorter... which is rough because I am already 5'3

harsh lighting. meh!


I actually REALLY liked this one & it would've been my choice had I not found the one

definitely didn't like this style on me...

but we liked the back!

Nottttt so much. I'm not a ruffly-type of bride.

Then our fabulous saleswoman suggested I try on this next one...
Different than the others being that it was a big poofy princess dress.
It also had less lace detailing and more sparkle on the bodice...

BAM. in.love.

It was nothing like what I had expected to choose nor what I had in mind!
I don't know what it was, really? It just felt right when I had it on...




I wasn't really even trying to "pose" for this pic, that smile was legit happiness!

My incredible saleswoman Janice, who CHOSE this dress for me to try on in the first place!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Moms got a picture of the top beaded part... it is so amazing, I just love it so much!

me and mommy



So I bought the dress then and there... 
The dress I tried on was off-white but I ended up ordering white


When I got the call that my dress was delivered at the shop & it was time for my first fitting, I wanted to invite more people to come with me to experience such a special moment in this wedding madness...

This was the wedding dress fitting invites for a small party of 6
my in-laws, my mom & sisser, and my grandparents

BEFORE YOU ASK ABOUT MY DAD...
I didn't want to invite my dad because I wanted him to see it for the first time on my wedding day...
I felt like I needed that special moment to be on the most special day

Coming out of the fitting room!

Standing there in awe that it was MY wedding dress that I was wearing!!


choosing jewelry

Back detailing


 
Figuring out details such as the bustle for the train as well as if I was going to have a veil

my in-laws!! (funny story, CJ was outside sitting in the car the entire time! What a great sport!)


My extra loving grandparents... I love them so much & was so thankful they were there!

my sisser and momsicle


So, I said Yes to the Dress!
You hear a lot that once you choose the dress, everything gets easier from there...
I don't know if it was just my particular case, but that definitely was not the case for me.
Destination weddings are SO EXTREMELY HARD TO PLAN.



read about the engagement day here
read about the save the date/engagement photos here
read about choosing my bridal party here



Next up: the BIG day is coming up, let the pre-wedding festivities BEGIN!



No comments:

Post a Comment