Wednesday, January 15, 2014

wedding edition: rehearsal day

sometimes you just gotta stop and take things sloww


Who: The entire bridal party including parents
What: rehearsal day
Where: then switched to Makapu'u beach
When: June 7, 2013
Why: to rehearse walking

So, remember I had mentioned how difficult it was planning a destination wedding?
How it was my worst nightmare come to life?

Well, this is one of the reasons why...
I initially chose to have the wedding at Magic Island. A couple weeks before the wedding my coordinator called me to let me know that there would be a parade that starts during the time of our ceremony.
I decided to change the wedding site to Kuliouou Beach park based on the photographs I googled and was sent from my coordinator:

Looks pretty riiiiight?


When we got to Kuliouou... BAM! it hit us... the place was so ugly!
I can't even explain to you how it absolutely does not look like those pictures above
I didn't even take pictures of it because I was freaking out inside...

The "grass" was yellow... it looked like hay
The ocean, that in the pics above look close to the green grass was actually in low tide so it was far out and there was just ugly disgusting yellow stuff in its place


Momiscle and sisser brought malasadas from Leonards bakery. They were soo good!!

Having fun with ava

Took a pic of skylars wicked feet tan... But this was what this grass looked like! WHA!?

I took our coordinator aside and asked her if there was ANY way to move the site...

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THE LADIES OF BEST DAY EVER
If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have had the perfect day that we did...
They were able to call all the vendors (officiant, videographer, photographer) to confirm the change of wedding site... I was so scared that it was too soon to the day that it would be impossible but they made it possible...
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Now we travel to Makapu'u beach
Fun fact, if you've seen 50 first dates, the lighthouse (shown briefly in the movie) was located here!


Slight overcast on this day, but regardless it was 100x better looking than the last place!








figuring out how far everyone needs to stand from each other






Oh the craziness of it all...

I absolutely adore this picture of Hector! I don't know how a kid could be any cuter than this!

Handsome

Yay, can we hurry this up & be married for real already?

Erick being totally fun as always

Adorableness written all over Ava

Me and daddy



Getting creative as we practiced rehearsed everything a few times

Annnd another one of Hector looking absolutely adorable eating his chips.



Crazy side story
On the way to Kuliouou beach, I was putting lotion on so I took off my engagement ring and placed it onto my lap (I was wearing a dress)
I was giving direction to CJ and completely forgot to put my ring back on!!
WELL, when we arrived to Kuliouou beach I got out of the car without remembering that the ring was ON MY LAP...

I hadn't realized that the ring was missing until we were at Makapu'u beach rehearsing
 (these two beaches were MILES away from each other... maybe like 10 minutes away from each other) 
I IMMEDIATELY freaked out & told my bridal party.
My uncle went to check the car floor and seat... No ring
Jason, Nicool's husband, was nice enough to drive his car back to Kuliouou beach to see if he can find it there... We went the ENTIRE rehearsal with CJ pissed at me, me thinking that I am the worst soon-to-be wife ever, my family and friends desperately trying to find the ring, and my coordinators clueless to what was going on.
When the rehearsal was done, I started to cry because the realization set in that I was completely irresponsible with my ring and I lost it. CJ wasn't even looking at me. I was so ashamed.

Then Jason called Nicole...
...and she passed the phone to me...
...and he said, "Does your ring have a big center diamond with little diamonds on the band?"...
...and I said, "Yes"...
...and he said, "I think I found it!"...

I cried... happy cries never felt so happy in my life.


This was his instagram photo... the ring was in the parking lot UNDER another car near their tire!
Yes, Jason... YOU COMPLETELY SAVED THE DAY


After everyone had left, I found CJ sitting at this table looking out into the ocean.
We sat and talked for a little bit. 
We decided that it was time for us both to just stop with all the wedding madness and come back to the reason why we were having the wedding... Back to us.

We decided to spend the rest of the day together, just he and I exploring Hawaii.
Might as well rehearse what the rest of our lives together will be like!




read about the engagement day here
read about the save the date/engagement photos here
read about choosing my bridal party here
read about saying yes to the dress here
read about our co-ed wedding shower here
read about bachelorette fun audrey-style here




Next up: the day you've all been waiting for...

you can read our HAWAII2013 adventures (sans the wedding parts of it)
HAWAII2013 Day 1: Click here
HAWAII2013 Day 2: Click here
HAWAII2013 Day 3: Click here
HAWAII2013 Day 5: Click here
HAWAII2013 Day 6: Click here
HAWAII2013 Day 7: Click here
HAWAII2013 Day 8: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment